The working principle of the stainless steel ball valve is to make the valve unblocked or blocked by rotating the valve core. The ball valve body can be integral or combined. The following small valve will introduce you to the relevant knowledge of stainless steel ball valves.
Brief introduction of ball valve:
The ball valve is mainly used to cut off, distribute and change the flow direction of the medium in the pipeline. The ball valve is a new type of valve that is widely used. Its working principle is to make the valve unblocked or blocked by rotating the valve core. The ball valve switch is light, small in size, can be made into a large diameter, reliable in sealing, simple in structure, easy to maintain, the sealing surface and the spherical surface are often in a closed state, and it is not easy to be eroded by the medium. It is widely used in various industries.
The characteristics of the ball valve:
The stainless steel ball valve can be closed tightly with only a 90-degree rotation and a small torque. The completely equal internal cavity of the valve provides a straight flow channel with little resistance for the medium. The main feature of the ball valve is its compact structure, easy to operate and maintain. The stainless steel ball valve can be used to control the flow of various types of fluids such as air, water, steam, various corrosive media, mud, oil, liquid metal and radioactive media.
The ball valve body can be integral or combined. This type of valve should generally be installed horizontally in the pipeline. Stainless steel ball valve classification: stainless steel pneumatic ball valve, stainless steel electric ball valve, stainless steel manual ball valve. Stainless steel ball valve materials are divided into 304, 316, 321 stainless steel ball valves.
Precautions for ball valve operation:
1. The stainless steel valve should avoid contact with other metals, and be careful not to allow foreign objects such as garbage to enter, and store it in a well-ventilated environment.
2. In order to protect the gasket in the ball valve, the ball valve should be in a fully open state, and the gate valve, stop valve, and check valve should be stored in a fully closed state.
3. Before piping construction, confirm the state of the interface, whether there is oil stains, etc., if any, remove the attached foreign matter.
4. There is a specified flow direction on the valve body. During piping construction, the flow direction shown on the valve body should be confirmed. The flow direction should be consistent with the arrow on the valve body during installation.
5. When connecting the pipe to the valve, fix the valve end on the side of the pipe with a wrench first, and then tighten the steel pipe with a pipe wrench. If the thread is over-tightened, the end of the steel pipe will damage the inside of the ball valve.
6. When tightening the bolts, do not only tighten one side, but tighten the bolts on the corresponding diagonal line.
7. For valves that use sealing rings, due to the characteristics of the sealing rings, the pressure of the sealing parts will drop during storage, resulting in leakage. The loose screws must be tightened before use. Loose screws should also be checked regularly during normal use.
Post time: Mar-12-2021